PHOENIX – April 27, 2017 – New options are now available for Western Star trucks.
“The needs of our customers continue to grow and change, so we will continue to add new options that will help our customers while delivering the power, performance and comfort expected from a Western Star truck,” said Kelley Platt, president, Western Star Trucks..
Options now available include:
- RollTek Seats: Available for Western Star 4700, 4800 and 4900 truck models, the RollTek seat system inflates side-impact airbags, tightens seat belts and compresses air suspension seats to the lowest position to prevent serious injuries to the driver, in the unlikely event of a rollover.
- Sealed Frame Rails: The new sealed frame rail for Western Star 4700, 4800 and 4900 truck models, reduces corrosion on double channel and partial liner configurations. Sealed along the edges, the flexible water-tight seal prevents the intrusion of liquids and minimizes rust that might occur due to environmental factors and road de-icing products.
- Abrasion Tape for Exterior Harnesses: Ideal for applications that can cause abrasion in the chassis, such as construction, logging and road maintenance, the new Abrasion Tape for Exterior Harnesses for Western Star 4700 and 5700 truck models will improve durability. Each harness is wrapped in an abrasion-resistant seal and then fastened securely to the frame rails to prevent damage to the wires from debris, water and chafing.
- Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box: With cab access and increased ground clearance, the Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box for the Western Star 4700 is durable enough to withstand harsh working conditions, and features the traditional Western Star style.
- Detroit™ 23,000-lb Front Steer Axle: New for Western Star 4800 and 4900 truck models, the Detroit 23,000-lb front steer axle is ideal for applications that require a higher front axle weight rating like snow plow, dump and heavy haul. Up to 40 lbs. lighter than other brands, Detroit front axles improve durability, reduce tire wear and provide smoother steering control.
- 5-Man Crew Cab: Western Star 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models can now be spec’d with an aftermarket-installed 5-man crew cab option with either two or four doors. A 12-dash inch backpack is also available for additional storage.
- 5700Truck Configuration: The Western Star 5700 is now available in a truck configuration for expeditor and RV applications in a day cab or sleeper.
For more information, go to www.WesternStarTrucks.com.
Western Star Trucks Sales, Inc., headquartered in Portland, Ore., produces tough custom trucks for highway and vocational applications. Western Star is a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America LLC. Daimler Trucks North America produces and markets Class 5-8 vehicles and is a Daimler company, the world’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer.
SOURCE: Western Star Trucks